Lot's of people want to say that Jesus really did not rise from the dead, and they have lot's of theories as to what 'actually' happened. Below are just a few.
- Some disciples had visions of Jesus, so the story of the empty tomb was made up to account for them.
- The tomb was empty, so they made up story's of seeing Jesus alive to account for it.
- Jesus only appeared to die, but actually never hung on the cross.
- Jesus was saved from dyeing on the cross by a secret conspiracy.
- Jesus was never put in the tomb, that's why it's empty.
And there are many more.
The question one might ask is why are there some many different theories? or If Jesus didn't rise from the dead, why isn't there just one 'real' alternative? The answer is that all the alternatives to the Resurrection lack one thing, evidence.
Just about the only evidence concerning Jesus' death and resurrection are the Gospels and Paul's writings, and they all point to Jesus rising from the dead. There is no evidence that he did not.
If you'd like to know what my preaching is like go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/keuning1999?feature=mhee