Wednesday 19 June 2013

Writing Journal 20/06/2013


My writing and blogging has been slow of late, but I do have a reason. I’m in the process of moving house and changing jobs. I’m going to blog on this in detail soon.

However, for anyone interested, this is how my writing stands and what I’m hoping to achieve in the future.

Now:

My only completed short story, ‘Bounty’, has been rejected by another magazine, but it was a good rejection. I regard as good for a number of reasons, but the best that the rejection included, ‘…hope that you'll keep us in mind in the future’. I’m going to submit this story to another magazine in the next few days.

 I’m still working very slowly on my first novel, currently titled, ‘Lonely Susan’, mostly just writing on Wednesday night during the Facebook writing race hosted by the Australian Writers Marketplace. This is a lot of fun, if you’re free on a Wednesday night and write please come and join in.

My short story, ‘Radar Love’ is currently being read by my Thursday night writers group. I will be looking for beta readers next week. More details about this in a separate blog soon.

Future:

·         I’m aiming to complete the first draft of Lonely Susan by the end of the year. I most likely have to read about 60 000 more words to achieve this.

·         From August, I want to write five short stories, one a month, by the end of the year. I have all the stories in mind. One or two of them might end up as novelettes or novellas. One is for a younger audience, so it will be short story length, but a whole book in its age group.

·         I turn fifty at the end of the year and have been thinking about how long I should give to become a successful enough writer to keep going. My plan is to give it until I’m sixty.

I’m planning to get back to blogging regularly again after my move. I’ve also been putting thought into what I will blog about and when. Come back soon and see what I’m up to.


Please leave a comment if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment