Friday 28 September 2012

Some More on Reading

I'm sure that I read to slow.

I mentioned my backlog unread Scifi magazines last time, well it is just getting worst. The reason, I'm reading books.

It just took me about six weeks to read the 'Hunger Games' trilogy. I really enjoyed the books, but found the final conclusion a bit disappointing. I'm not talking about the little twist at the end, which was good even though I saw it coming. I mean the very end, after the climax and resolution of the conflicts. I found it flat. Don't know how it could have been better, but it didn't work for me. I still enjoyed the books.

I've now gone from one series that the rest of the reading world has already read to another. I've started reading book one of 'A Song of Fire and Ice', 'A Game of Thrones'. I really want to read this book, and I already love it, at just 142 pages in, but I'm very worried that I won't make it through the whole series. The last long series I tried, Robert Jordan's 'Wheel of Time', I didn't finish. I just stopped at book six, or it could have been seven. Anyway, I just got to the point where I needed to read something else and never went back. I want to read the whole, 'Wheel of Time', series, but I would have to go back to the start and that is a daunting prospect. I fear that I'll have the same problem with the 'Firs and Ice' series. It's already seven books long, I think, and they are not short books. My version of 'A Game of Thrones' is 807 pages, not including the appendix, and all the others look just as long.

But I do want to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment