Monday 6 January 2014

Target April Fool


#targetalprilfool #writing

The one thing I really want to do, writing wise, this year is finish my first novel. To do this I need to finish the first draft quickly. So, I have come up with a plan.

I estimate that I have about 65000 words to go to finish the first draft. I have decided to try and finish it by the 1st of April this year. It is exactly 13 weeks from today (Monday 6th January 2014) to April 1st. This is 5000 words a week, and on average, 715 words a day.

Based on previous experience, this is an impossible task for me to achieve. That is why I’m calling it Target April Fool. I’m going to finish the first draft by April 1st or be an April Fool.

Each day I’m going to tweet the progress, even if it’s no progress, and use that as an incentive to reach the goal.

I hope you and come on this journey with me.

Today’s progress report is:

Lonely Susan word count

6/1/14

Start Number: 16646

Finish number: 17409

Total for day: 763

If you liked (or disliked) this post please leave a comment. You could also like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment