Thursday 14 November 2013

Thursday Theology


Hi,

One thing that matters to me which has not had much space on this blog is my faith and beliefs as a follower of Jesus Christ. To address this I'm going to devote and Thursday blogs I do the my faith and theology. Hence the name, Thursday Theology. I'll always make it clear in the title, so you can skip it if you wish.

I'm starting off with a brief introduction of the "Five Solas".

When I'm asked what I believe, what I really want to say is, 'The Bible', but we live in a world where can be understood in far to many different ways. So, over the years, I've looked at many different creeds and statements of faith, and not been fully happy with any of them. However, I really like the Five Solas (or Five Solae).

They are the only thing that I've found that match up what I believe.

I'm not going to go into any detail about them in this post, the pic outlines what they are. However, over the coming Thursdays I intend to post about each one in some detail. I explain what I think they mean and why I think they are important.

I understand that this may only be of interest to me, but hopefully there will be something of interest others who read this.

I'm happy for friendly debates about this, but please don't waste your time flaming me you won't enjoy it.

Next Thursday: Sola Scripture.

If you liked (or disliked) this post please leave a comment. You could also like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment