Sunday 16 March 2014

Review: Stopover at the Backworld’s Edge


A Nice Little Stay.

Having read and enjoyed the first book in M Pax’s Backworlds series, (my review can be found here) I was looking forward to book two, Stopover at the Backworld’s Edge. I also enjoyed book two, but it wasn’t what I was expecting.

Book one introduced Craze, a genetically altered human especially designed to survive on certain types of worlds. He lives in a part of the galaxy that has many different genetically altered people called the Backworld’s. There was once a war with the Foreworlds, but little is learn about them. In book one Craze flies from world to world having all kinds of misadventures, I was expecting the same in book two.

However, it was not to be. Instead, Craze has settle on a moon called Pardeep. Here he has set up a bar at it’s space dock and dreams of making a fortune as revenge against his father who betrayed him in book one. All Craze’s friends have found a roll on the moon (except one, read the books and find out why.) and some new characters are introduced.

The action starts with a foreworld’s space ship lands with a mysterious passenger and doesn’t stop for the whole book. All the action in this book takes place on Pardeep, but there is plenty of it. Amongst the action we learn more about the universe that M Pax is creating.

P Max is still setting up her universe for the long running series ( Book five is now out.), but she does a fine job of giving you a good action story whiles doing so. I’m a little behind in the series, I’m reading book three right now, but I’m committed to reading it through the the end. Whenever that is.

The Backworlds Series is one worth exploring.

If you liked (or disliked) this post please leave a comment. You could also like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment